Previously known as CORE level 5 to 7, CORE Advanced is intended for advanced providers of resuscitation
Suitable for experienced Nurses, Anaesthetic Technicians, General Practitioners, Dentists providing sedation, Paramedics, and Registrars.
Pre-course reading covers all the required knowledge to provide advanced resuscitation to manage the adult and paediatric patient and students will learn advanced resuscitation skills as well as attend assessments of these skills and knowledge. A variety of scenarios are presented to develop good team work practices.
- Adult, child & infant CPR
- Use of a bag-mask-resuscitator
- Manual defibrillation
- Introduction to intra-osseous needle systems
- Basic ECG recognition
- Use of an AED
- Airway management including use of OPA & LMA
- Principles of trauma management
- Principles of team work during crisis
- Cardiac arrest and peri-arrest scenarios
- A reasonable understanding of English
- Participants must be able to kneel to practise and demonstrate CPR
If you are concerned about meeting the language or physical agility requirements, please contact us so that we can accommodate your learning needs